Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things That Have Happened Recently

1. I read the big hunky September issue of Elle and folded down a million pages with things that I liked.

2. I watched the first preview of The Bacchae and saw Mikhail Baryshnikov there :o

playbill.com, politics and prose

2. I had my last day of work, which was sad, but we made commemorative brownie sundaes. Then I went home and made a lovely pizza (complete with caramelized onions, mushrooms and artichoke hearts... yum!) for dinner with three of my close friends who I may not see again for quite a while.


3. I got my bangs cut (oh my goodness, I can see again!) and got a manicure and pedicure to make myself feel groomed and human again after this summer of hard work. Though I have to say, I'm not sure I remember how to dress not for the park now! Ok, well that's not really true... but I haven't had the same outfit-putting-together zeal (the zeal that brought tears to my eyes when I heard about the summer dress code... yeah... remember that? haha) I had before the summer started. Maybe it's just because I have a lot on my mind what with having to go back to Ithaca on SATURDAY. And I haven't packed yet. At all. Tomorrow is going to suck. Perhaps when I return to school I'll get back in the swing of fashion-blogging and reading your blogs which I have been terrible about lately, but I don't know. Lately I'm not really sure where I'm going with this blog, but I do know that I'm proud of keeping up with it for as long as I have and I really do enjoy it. I enjoy keeping up with all your blogs too, but I think I get overwhelmed with how many unread posts there on on my blog roll and get scared to look at any because of the daunting nature of the task... maybe I need to just do a big purge and clear out some blogs... or not worry about catching up and just start reading new posts from now on. We'll see. The blogs I have been reading lately have all been foodie related (perhaps I am turning in to Freddie: the foodie fashionista? haha) but perhaps part of that has to do with mentally preparing myself for the massive grocery shopping that will be done on Saturday/Sunday to stock up my new apartment and the cooking for myself that will follow for next semester and also the coming years.

I did wear an outfit I considered blogging today, but the weather was gloomy and no good for picture-taking and then half a brand new jar of salsa exploded all over me and my kitchen (including inside an open drawer of utensils... ugh) as I was making lunch! The clothes have been saved, but yes... photo opportunity: not so much. Anyway, I did sport a belated birthday gift my friend (my lovely "twin" who of course bought almost exactly the same things for herself- her headband is black-hahaha love it) brought to our pizza party.

forever21.com
and a bracelet I couldn't find a picture of. Oh yeah, and I wore clothes too :P

...the trip to the Forever21 site to look for pictures makes me want to further exam this "Cirque 21" (how can I resist something with Cirque in the name?) nonsense and decide if it's really cool or kind of frightening. Perhaps more on that later? ...

Anyway, props if you read all that. Something fashion related here soon. I think.

Regards,
Freddie

P.S. I'm not going to have internet in my new apartment until next Wednesday... ahhh! But knowing me I'll probably end up staying in the greenroom of the theater building as late at night as they let me so I can use campus internet, haha.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post! The food looks so good. Returning to blog-reading can definitely be intimidating if you take a few days off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food is definitely amazing in it's own awesome way. I would definitely eat that pizza :) Cute headband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo that looks delicious. i buy things for friends, and then buy the same for myself too. lol. it's one of those weird best friend things i suppose.

    where did you work this summer? like a state park?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that pizza looks amazing...thanks for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete