Monday, October 19, 2009

A Typical Sunday, or proof that my life is generally mundane

Thanks to Rebbecca, The Clothes Horse, who is always a fabulous source of inspiration on many fronts, I decided to do a picture an hour post. I thought about doing it yesterday but was rather distracted by my audition and didn't remember until about 3pm. I slept (or lied with my eyes closed trying to convince myself I was asleep) most of the bus ride back to Ithaca anyway, so that wouldn't have been very interesting. It is also very dark on the bus.

Anyway, said audition wasn't bad. Could have been better, but it was alright. I will find out the results sometime this coming week. For the time being, I've barely been back a day and have managed to overextend and over commit myself already. No surprise there. I suppose it will distract me? Hope to be able to check in with all of your blogs soon.

Anyway, on to the incredibly boring, if I do say so myself, pictures.

10AM: Morning Coffee.


11AM: Time for some reading.


12PM: Making progress...


1PM: An improvised lunch. The cupboard was quite bare. Tastier than it looks, I promise ;)

An English muffin: 1/2 laughing cow cheese and lox, 1/2 peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and cinnamon

2PM: Still hungry... and reading Charle's Mee's Paradise Park.


3PM: More reading? Oh joy!


4PM: Wegman's run- hooray!


5PM: A full cart.


6PM: Laundry time.


7PM: Dinner made from my new groceries: Chicken breast with lemon, garlic and tarragon and hearty quinoa with sautéed apples and almonds.

This was the only a-typical part of my day. This is probably the most complicated meal I've cooked all year. But now I have quinoa to last the week!

8PM: Catching up on Project Runway over some dessert.


9PM: Clothes hanging to dry.


10PM: It's a different article, I promise!


11PM: More of the same, plus a cup of tea.


12AM: Catching up on last week's missed lectures.


1AM: Post shower poofis. Mine is the disgruntled pink.


2AM: Time for me to go to sleep.

I wanted to include some of the text from Charle's Mee's Paradise Park in this post, but it's just too late and I need to go to bed. However, if you happen to find yourself with free time (what?) and an interest in absurdism, check it out. I found it quite interesting.

Anyway, I hope to do more of these in the future. Perhaps they will help me to discover the interesting moments in everyday activities?

Regards,
Freddie

p.s. I do notice Rebbecca often does these when she travels. Perhaps next time I will give it a go. Plane rides are much more interesting than bus rides for me though as I can't do anything on the bus or else I'll get sick - alas.

2 comments:

  1. For some odd reason I think this is kinda cool. It's like the blog version of Twitter. Haha! Well you have a sweet style and I am new on blogger so I just wanted to say hi so... HI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about doing this also but never got around to doing it! So congrats!
    Also, i do that with my bagels, one is sweet and the other is savory, the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete