Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rain drops are falling on my head

So this morning I rode my bike to class in the rain. My brakes are really really squeaky. I should probably do something about that sometime soon. However, tomorrow it will be colder again and it might snow, so the bike is probably going back into hibernation for a while. Oh well. The rain did stop part way through the day though and I enjoyed the absolutely perfect weather. I wish it would stay like this. A little damp, but warm (in the mid-low 50s I think!!) and springy and wonderful. It was great.

Oh, and remember when I said I took fashion inspiration from children? Haha, well yeah.

{target blouse, rugby sweater, shorts - ?, target tights, hunter boots}
the sweater has a cute little button detail on the shoulder that you can't really see here

I did change into a skirt and flats and put on my feather headband (which everyone seems to be obsessed with... I suppose including myself, haha) for the opening of History Boys, but didn't get a chance to take a photo. I do need to show you this skirt sometime though. It is a wrap skirt made of light corduroy with deer on it that I've had for ages and have recently developed a new appreciation for. Sadly it has missed more than one photo opportunity recently but soon that shall be remedied I am sure.

Anyway, we did start our costume design unit in my theater tech class today and so I figure before that picks up I should (well, not should, but will) show you my set design model! yay. I know you have secretly been waiting to see it. :P



to give you an idea of how small this thing is- it's a 1/8" scale model.
ie: that "person" on the right is "6 feet tall" aka 3/4 of an inch tall. Oy.

I took these pictures outside (!) on Monday in the lovely sun. The blue backdrop is what is there most of the play, but at the end when Medea kills her children (well, this is Greek tragedy) the sky turns red, as does the sun, and the sun moves and takes her away from where she is standing in the top window of her house, on top of my intricate little staircase, haha (hence why the sun has a little platform on it). Yay for deus ex machinas.

Anyway, I really need to wrap this up considering the time and that I have 9am class tomorrow (oh Tuesdays and Thursdays) but I will end by saying that Elle recently showed me the perfect $25 trench coat and didn't tell me where it was from. Curses.

Regards,
Freddie

1 comment:

  1. Children's clothing is definitely the best place to take inspiration from. I love peter pan collars.

    The set looks cool.

    ReplyDelete