Saturday, January 3, 2009

If a bullet should go through my head let that bullet go through every closet door

So I'll keep it short and sweet today, but I did go to Connecticut to see my cousins (well one cousin and her two daughters, ages 9 and 11) and aunt, which was rather nice. The nine year old especially adores me and looks like she could be my little sis (which I wouldn't mind so much--she is adorable and a real live wire!) I even managed to get some unexpected sales shopping in to boot. I needed new pants courtesy of the bit of weight I have recently put on (thanks college slash having a house cook, haha) and snagged a really cheap pair of jeans from J. Crew (where we got an extra 15% off the sale prices with my student ID!) along with two pairs of tights and a pair of blue cords with cute pocket details from Rugby. I would have forgone the jeans had I seen the cords first, but alas, and at that price, one can't really complain.

When we got back into the city my mom and I went to 86th street where I showed her the aforementioned two pairs of shoes I was debating about and I tried on the Steve Madden flats. Sadly they just didn't seem to fit quite right... like my feet were the right length for the 7 1/2 but the right width for the 7, or something... alas. Well, it does mean I'll be getting Hunter Rain Boots (and I think I've decided I like green) for a belated Hannukah gift and those will be more practical too, so after some brief pouting, I'm satisfied... especially because we then went across to B&N where I finally picked up a copy of The Tales of Beedle The Bard (though it will take me all of 20 seconds to read it) for myself. yay :)




{hat knit by me, target dress and puff sleeved tee, long sleeve tee-?, calvin klein leggings, frye boots}

I also discovered today that Polaroid now exists for windows, which is kind of fun :) I don't think I'll use it all that much, but I do quite like how it flatters today's outfit photos, and I didn't even have to do any picnic editing.

Anyway, I also saw Milk this evening (pretty busy day in retrospect) and it was really excellent. The actors gave such amazing and believable portrayals of the real people and the whole story is just extremely inspiring, sad, and slightly infuriating. I have so much more I could say about it, especially in relation to recent events like Prop 8, though this post is already getting a bit long for short and sweet, huh? (Though I will say, if you haven't seen it, go see Prop 8 the musical- an important message with a Jack Black related smile, haha) Also I really should be off to take a shower now and then go to bed if I want to leave the house by 9am to try and get rush tickets for tomorrow's matinee of Equus. Wish me luck for seats with a decent view ;) (I mean of the show... not of daniel's... well, you know... oh damnit :P haha)

Regards,
Freddie

No comments:

Post a Comment